The Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP), led by co-chairs Mr Bob Tan, Vice President SNEF, and Mr Heng Chee How, Secretary General NTUC, was set up in May 2006 on the recommendation of the Tripartite Committee on Employability of Older Workers to shift mindsets among employers, employees and the general public towards fair and responsible employment practices for all workers.
TAFEP advocates the adoption of fair employment practices and the benefits of having a diverse and inclusive workforce. TAFEP develops guidelines, programmes and tools to help employers implement fair employment practices.
Tripartite Guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements
The Ministry of Manpower together with the Singapore National Employers’ Federation/Singapore Business Federation and the National Trades Union Congress issued the Tripartite Guidelines on Non-discriminatory Job Advertisements in 1999 to promote the use of objective criteria in the recruitment of job candidates. TAFEP has reviewed the guidelines, taking into consideration public feedback on job advertisements, and released the updated guidelines in September 2006. The guidelines serve as a reference for employers when drafting their job advertisements.
Employers’ Pledge of Fair Employment Practices
The Employers’ Pledge of Fair Employment Practices lists the 5 key principles of fair employment practices endorsed by the tripartite partners:
• Recruit and select employees on the basis of merit, such as skills, experience and ability, regardless of age, race, gender, religion or family status.
• Treat employees fairly and with respect and implement progressive human resource management systems.
• Provide employees with equal opportunities for training and development based on their strengths and needs, to help them achieve their full potential.
• Reward employees fairly based on their ability, performance, contribution and experience.
• Abide by labour laws and adopt Tripartite Guidelines which promote fair employment practices.
Click on the link below to view the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices:
Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices
By signing the pledge, employers demonstrate that they share the principles of fair employment practices and are committed to implementing these principles in their human resource management practices.
Click on the link below to participate in the signing of the pledge:
Click on the link below to view the pledge certificate:
Click on the link below to view the updated list of employers who have signed the Employer’s Pledge of Fair Employment Practices:
List of Pledged Employers
Sign up to the pledge
If your company has yet to sign the pledge and is interested to join the growing list of companies that have done so, please contact SNEF and provide them with the following information:
• The full name of your company;
• Name and designation of your CEO, HR director and union representative (if unionised) who will be signing the pledge;
• Contact details of the liaison person in your company.
Contact person for Employers’ Pledge
Name : Shaun Hou
Email : tafep
Address : Singapore National Employers Federation
19 Tanglin Road, #10-01 - #10-07
Tanglin Shopping Centre, Singapore 247909
DID : 6827 6951
Fax Number : 6733 1644
An officer from SNEF will contact the liaison person with more information on the procedures and a customised certificate printed with the names and designation of the signatories will be sent to your company by mail.
Press releases on TAFEP are available below for download:
1. Press Release on TAFEP's Formation on 29 May 06
Press Release on FEP Seminar on 06 Sep 06